When you want to go anywhere urgently but your car won’t start then it became so irritating. It is the most irritating thing when you get late from somewhere because of your car. Every car owner experiences this thing at least once in life. If it happens with you and you are unable to start your car again then don’t you worry because every solution has a problem.
There are many things that go wrong but every problem related to a car also has a solution. Some people go to professional vehicle companies for the solution of their problems related to cars. Whereas, others go to local shops for the repair and fixing of your car. If your car has an issue and because of that issue you are unable to move a car then there are a lot of towing services who towed your car to a local repair shop. In case of any issue, you can also call a local automobile association for the repairmen of your car who send their team with few hours. Similarly, there are many other ways by following you can get help.
If your car won’t start and you want to know the reason and want its solution then there are few steps that need to follow. For knowing the actual issue, you need to follow the steps of starting a car that what is the actual issue and from where it starts. Once you get to know the main issue then you can take a step for its solution that what you should do now. Every car has different start option. Some cars start with a key while some have a push button to start it.
Does the Key Turn in the Ignition?
Check whether the key is turning into the ignition or not. If it does not turn then there is some reason behind it.
- Sometimes it does not turn because of locked steering with the front wheels. If this is the case then turn the steering wheel left and right while slowly jiggling the ignition key. It may help you to release the steering wheel and open the lock.
- Another reason is that there may be an issue with the ignition lock or with the key. Sometimes it happens when lock and key reach its life cycle. If this is the case then use another key.
- If nothing works then it will be a wise idea to visit a local repair shop to turn your engine on.
Troubleshooting Tips When Your Car Won’t Start
Here is something that you need to check first if your car won’t start.
- First of all, check the battery. If the battery is working properly or not.
- If the battery is working properly but still there is an issue in the car then check in which mode car is not starting the engine. Sometimes there is a problem in the neutral safety switch then the car doesn’t start in neutral mode.
- You should check the battery cables that the cables are not corroded and tight.
- You can check the fuel that is there any fuel in the car to start it. Sometime car won’t start because fuel gauge does not work properly. Because of the issue in fuel gauge, fuel tank reaches out of fuel while fuel gauge showing some fuel left. This issue persists because there is no other way of checking petrol in the fuel tank. You can check this issue by check how long did you drive since the last fill-up.
- Check the instrument panel that key-shaped light is blinking or stable.
- Sometime cars won’t start because of a security issue because your car has anti-theft system that sometimes doesn’t allow the car to move on.
These all are the things that you need to check before visiting a local repair shop or any professional vehicle company to repair your car. Although it is very frustrating when you start a car and it won’t start then you even don’t know the reason why it is so. If you cannot reach the main issue then you should visit a local repair shop.